Irish Rail services in County Cork will be disrupted this week as engineering works continue.
The changes will be in place until October 26 and will affect customers commuting from Cork to Mallow.
According to Irish Rail, some trains will be suspended between the two throughout the works.
A spokesperson explained; “Essential track works will take place at a number of locations between Mallow and Cork during this time, to minimise overall service disruption.”
The following alternative transport is in place from Saturday 16th to Tuesday 26th October:
- Bus transfers in operation between Cork and Mallow in both directions on Cork/Dublin Heuston services
- Bus transfers in operation between Cork and Mallow in both directions on Cork/Tralee services
- Bus replacement service for Cork to Mallow services
- Customers are advised there will be no connection to Tralee off the 16:55hrs service from Cork. Customers for Tralee will need to Travel on the 15:58hrs service from Cork
- Revised departure times for bus transfers, and the cancellation of the 06:15hrs Cork to Heuston departure on weekdays
From Saturday 23rd to Tuesday 26th October inclusive:
- Cork to Cobh and Cork to Midleton services will be suspended, with a bus replacement service in operation
Jim Meade, Chief Executive of Iarnród Éireann, said: “We are pleased to be completing this crucial project – unfortunately, it does necessitate some disruption in its final phases, but customers can be assured that it will deliver to us a modern system that enhances servi